Damien Sheehan-Connor, MD PhD
Assistant Professor of Economics
Tutor, College of Social Studies
Department of Economics
Middletown, CT 06459-0007
Other Contact Information:
Office: Public Affairs Center (PAC) 322
For more information, download my CV.
Accepted and Published Papers
- "Environmental Policy and Vehicle Safety: The Impact of Gasoline Taxes," forthcoming at Economic Inquiry. Published online Jan 8, 2015, DOI: 10.1111/ecin.12179
- “Saving Lives with Stem Cell Transplants” (with Ted Bergstrom and Rod Garratt) 2015. Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, 51(1), forthcoming.
- “Stem Cell Donor Matching for Patients of Mixed Race” (with Ted Bergstrom and Rod Garratt) 2012. The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy: Vol. 12: Iss. 1 (Contributions), Article 1.
- “Tax affinity hypothesis: Do we really hate paying taxes?” (with Iwan Djanali) 2012. Journal of Economic Psychology, 33(4): 758-775.
- "One Chance in a Million: Altruism and the Bone Marrow Registry" (with Ted Bergstrom and Rod Garratt) 2009. American Economic Review, 99(4): 1309-34.
I sometimes teach the following classes at Wesleyan:
- Economics 110: Introduction to Economic Theory
- Economics 215: Labor Economics
- Economics 222: Public Economics
- Economics 301: Microeconomic Theory
- Economics 308: Healthcare Economics
- CSS 320: Economics of the Welfare State
Current students can find course information on Moodle.